How to become a member?
- The fee for membership is 70 CZK a year.
- The fee for reissue of a lost card is 35 CZK.
- CineStar points are only good for one year.
Another way to become a member is to fill out a printed application right at the cinema box office, where your club card will be issued right after paying the membership fee. If you would like to renew your membership, your registration data from the previous year is retained, just pay the annual 70 CZK membership fee online or at a box office.
Advantages of membership
Instant 20 CZK discount on admission
Points for all box office and online purchases
Rewards for the points you collect - free tickets and refreshments
Special previews for CineStar Club members
Contests for film prizes
Get all the latest information on film news and events
Other benefits from CineStar Club partners
Earnings CineStar points
Purchase tickets at the cinema
10% of the purchase price
Purchase tickets online
15% of the purchase price
Purchase tickets online - Cool Ticket
10% of the purchase price
|Reward for points||Number of points|
|Club nachos menu||193|
|FREE TICKETS for the pricelist||1 CZK = 1|
Frequently Asked Questions
On February 1st, 2016 your old points will be transferred to the new program in full. All of these points will last for 1 year
i.e. until 31.1. 2017. Any unused points at that time will be deducted from your account on February 1st, 2017
No, you can use points at the bar, but not earn them.
Yes, each point you earn is only good for 1 year from the time you earn it. After that time is up, the point is automatically deducted from your account.
Yes, except discounted family tickets and tickets for special alternative programs or events not associated with the loyalty program (e.g. MET performances, etc.) The program always lists whether Cinestar Club member benefits can be used for a particular event. Otherwise, Cinestar Club membership gives you discounts and lets you earn points on all types of tickets (2D, 3D, Gold Class, Student, Children’s, tickets for Cheap Monday, etc.)A discount of 20 CZK on every ticket (applies to 4 tickets per showing and does not apply to a family ticket). In addition to the instant discount, members earn points for the individual purchases of tickets. The number of points earned is equal to 10% of the amount spent on tickets at multiplex box offices and 15% of the amount spent buying tickets online. Your current points balance can be viewed at www.cinestar.cz, under CineStar Club, customer account. Members can exchange points for free tickets or select refreshments.
No, box office personnel cannot give you a discount and add points to your account unless you have your club card in hand or scanned in your mobile phone using applications such as Cardless. In either case, you may be asked to submit any valid form of photo ID (such as driver’s license, tram pass, credit card with photo, ISIC student card, etc.). Without demonstrating ownership of the card, personnel cannot award you a discount and add points. The same applies when buying refreshments with your points.
The CineStar Club card is non-transferrable. Benefits can only be used by the card owner.
Yes, don’t forget to log in before making online purchases, otherwise the system will not let you use your points. After logging in as a current club member, the system will offer you the option of purchasing tickets with points. You select the type of ticket – children’s, student, etc. The system will then deduct the corresponding amount of points from your account. Be aware that when buying discounted tickets online (children’s/student/ZTP (handicapped) etc.) you will be asked when checking out to provide proof of eligibility for the particular discount (just like at the box office). If you are not entitled to the discount, you will be asked to pay the remainder at the box office.
As of January 31st, 2016 we stopped issuing vouchers for free tickets on your fifth visit because the new rules of the CineStar club make it possible for club members to get rewards (free tickets and refreshments) much faster (assuming they buy 2 tickets per transaction), because of the increased number of points earned (now points are earned for every ticket, not just transaction) and point discounts of rewards. And even more so when buying 3D tickets or tickets to Gold Class cinemas. Online ticket purchases also earn more.
On your birthday (provided in your club registration) you will receive a voucher for a small popcorn FREE. This unique voucher will be sent to your e-mail automatically and is good until the date listed. Note: To receive your gift voucher you must be signed up for our regular newsletter. Otherwise, the voucher cannot be delivered to you.
It is possible to issue you a new card at a multiplex box office with all of your points and history for a fee of 35 CZK. This can only be done for current memberships.
The CineStar Club loyalty program and all of its components are governed by the following terms:
The CineStar Club is a loyalty program (hereinafter “CC”), operated by CineStar s.r.o., headquartered in Prague 5, Radlická 3185/1c, PSČ 150 00, Czech Republic, entered into the Commercial Registry of the Prague Municipal Court, section C, entry 81978, IČ 264 35 675 (hereinafter “CineStar”), the purpose of which is to further improve the services provided by CineStar and provide special benefits to customers visiting CineStar multiplexes. Customers who fill out the application for the CC program (hereinafter the “Application”) become CC members. CC membership is governed by these General Terms and Conditions of the CC program (hereinafter the “Terms”) of the CineStar Company.
2. CC membership
2.1 The fee for CC membership is 70 CZK for a period 12 months from the date of payment. CC membership begins on the date given in a valid Application and is conditional upon payment of the membership fee (both for printed and digital applications). In signing the application the customer confirms the fact that he/she is familiar with the Terms and agrees to them. A valid Application is also considered to be a completely filled out and submitted Application in digital form, which is available at www.cinestar.cz under the CineStar Club tab.
CC membership cannot be purchased using payment sites Benefity, Benefit Plus, Cafeteria, mojeBenefity.cz, Benefity Café, Gallery Beta or by using a Benefit Plus card at a cinema box office.
If multiple Applications are received from a single person, only one Application can be accepted. If incorrect data is provided in the CC Application or if all required information is not provided, CineStar reserves the right not to finish processing the registration and the Application will become invalid.
Once membership is approved, login information to access the online CC section will be sent to the e-mail address given in the Application. In the event of Applications submitted to the box office of a domestic multiplex, CineStar reserves the right to take up to 48 hours to process the membership and send the login information. When a membership is renewed, the CC member will use the same login information received during the initial registration. The same applies when terminating membership.
2.2 CC membership is open to any individual over 15 years of age with a mailing address in the Czech Republic or in a country where membership in programs of this type are not expressly prohibited, provided the individual meets all the membership requirements.
Membership is prohibited for legal entities, affiliations of individuals or legal entities, associations or other groups.
2.3 Once the membership has been approved, the box office of a domestic CineStar multiplex will issue the customer a club card (hereinafter the CC Card). The CC Card is non-transferrable and its benefits may only be used by the card owner. For these purposes, CineStar multiplex personnel are entitled at any time to request proof of identity of the CC Card holder (photo ID).
Without presenting the CC Card (in combination with proof of identity) the specified card benefits cannot be provided (The CC Card can also be recognized when scanned, for example by using the Cardless mobile phone app).
CC membership benefits, specifically points earned from ticket purchases, transactions made and discounts, cannot be combined with discounts not related to CC (family admission, the purchase of gift certifications, other price discounts and limited-time offers, as well as the purchase of tickets online using the payment sites Benefity, Benefit Plus, Cafeteria mojeBenefity.cz, Benefity Café, Gallery Beta and when using the Benefit Plus card at the cinema box office. Points and rewards cannot be earned when using gift certificates to buy tickets, or for tickets obtained by redeeming points from the loyalty program.
All CC membership benefits can only be earned and credited to the account of the CC Cardholder who purchased the tickets or reserved the tickets online and subsequently paid for them at the CineStar multiplex box office. CC membership benefits acquired from a single reservation made online at www.cinestar.cz cannot be combined for multiple CC Cardholders for the same purchase/transaction.
3. Obtaining discounts
3.1 CC members get an automatic discount of 20 CZK on tickets for 2D and 3D showings as well as showings at the Anděl Gold Class CineStar multiplex. This discount is good for any day of the week.
The discount is offered for a maximum of 3 showings per day and for a maximum number of 4 tickets per single showing, so in total CC members can get a 20 CZK for a maximum of 12 tickets daily for 3 shows.
The discount does not apply to family admission, Cheap Sunday or other price discounts and limited-time offers, unless stated otherwise.
Discounts do not apply to the purchase of refreshments, with the exception of a select assortment of products if so determined.
When purchasing online, CC members must be logged in to their accounts before selecting specific seats, otherwise the discount will not apply.
4. Earning points
4.1 Aside from discounts, points are the basic unit used in CC member accounts and express the degree of loyalty of the CC member. Members earn points for the individual purchases of tickets. The number of points earned is equal to 10% of the amount spent on tickets at multiplex box offices and 15% of online ticket purchases. You can see how many points you’ve collected at www.cinestar.cz under the CineStar Club tab.
Points are only earned from ticket purchases, they do not accumulate from the purchase of gift certificates for tickets or other items on sale at cinema box offices.
Points are also not earned from the purchase of refreshments.
A maximum of 550 points can be earned in a single day.
Points from specific individual purchases are only earned once and credited to a single account, which is always the account of the member who made the purchase.
CineStar reserves the right at any time to deduct points from the account of a CC member for a purchase which this customer did not make, if the member is not entitled to the points, or is entitled to a different amount of points than credited.
- 4.2 Each point earned is only valid for a period of one year. At the end of one year, if still unused, the point is automatically deducted from the account.
- 4.3 The CC Card is only valid for 12 months from the date of its issue. The CC Cardholder can extend or renew the card after paying the membership fee of 70 CZK for another 12 months.
5. Redeeming points for rewards
5.1 The points accumulated in your personal CC account can be redeemed for rewards, 1 point = 1 CZK. The amount of points required for a ticket is the same as the price of the ticket according to the official price list. *Refreshments and other possible items which you can get for points are listed at www.cinestar.cz, under CineStar club, “Basic Information” according to current offers.
* e.g. a 2D ticket that costs 159 CZK can be had for 159 points.
Select rewards cannot be claimed or exchanged for cash (but tickets earned can be exchanged for tickets for a different showing). CineStar reserves the right at any time to change the number of points required to obtain individual prizes.
- 5.2 CC rewards can only be picked up by the owner of the club card/account. Rewards picked up in person can be gifted by the account owner to third persons, with the exception of digital tickets.
- 5.3 The expiration dates of free tickets and bonus vouchers are listed on these. After the expiration date the ticket becomes invalid. CineStar reserves the right to limit the validity of free tickets or bonus vouchers to select showings.
- 5.4 The provision of rewards and benefits by possible future contractual partners of CC will be governed exclusively by the terms of the particular contractual partner.
- 5.5 Each member of the CineStar club will receive a gift on his/her birthday, a voucher for a free small popcorn sent to the e-mail address provided in the application. The voucher is good for 2 months and the expiration date is listed on it. To receive a voucher you must be an active member (paid membership) and must subscribe to the regular newsletter. Otherwise, the voucher cannot be delivered to you.
6. Loss, theft or damage of CC Card
- 6.1 Loss, theft or damage to the CC card preventing its use should be immediately reported by the CC member at a box office of a domestic CineStar multiplex. Upon request of the account owner the CC Card can be blocked by box office personnel. The account owner can also block the account at www.cinestar.cz by going to the registered user menu.
- 6.2 Blocking the CC Card will also block the internet account of the CC member until a new CC Card is picked up.
- 6.3 A newly issued CC Card will be ready for pick up at a domestic CineStar multiplex and issued upon proof of identity and provision of the e-mail address used in the previous registration. A fee of 35 CZK is charged for the issue of a new CC Card.
- 6.4 CineStar is not liable for any misuse of the CC Card before its loss is reported or for any drawing of benefits by third persons.
- 6.5 Upon issue of a new CC Card the previous CC Card will no longer be functional. Collected points will be automatically transferred to the new CC Card.
7. Expiration of validity and violation of membership terms
- 7.1 The CC member may cancel his/her membership at any time at the box office of a domestic CineStar multiplex based on a written request or written withdrawal of consent for the processing of personal data. Upon cancelation of CC membership the CC Card is automatically blocked. If a blocked card is presented to working personnel at a CineStar multiplex it will be confiscated.
- 7.2 Once purchased, the CC Card cannot be exchanged for cash.
- 7.3 CineStar reserves the right to cancel CC membership without compensation in the following cases: a) the moment a CC member deliberately provides false information in the registration application; b) the CC member violates these Terms or established program mechanism; c) the CC member does not consent to the Terms, or their amendment or supplement; d) the moment a CC member misuses the logo, name or other identification data, or in any way damages the rights and justified interests of the CineStar Company; e) the day the CC member dies; f) the moment the CC program is terminated.
- 7.4 Upon termination of CC membership for reasons given in the preceding provision under letters a., b., c., d., e., f., the claim expires for full (or partial) use of benefits already acquired from CC membership.
- 7.5 Every violation of the Terms of the CC program may lead to loss of rights ensuing from accumulated points, refusal to provide benefits, or the rescinding of benefits – including bonus vouchers already issued.
- 7.6 The person violating the CC Terms is liable for all damage arising to CineStar thereby.
- 7.7 Upon termination of CC membership, the Company will proceed in accordance with Act no. 101/2000 Coll., on the protection of personal data and will irretrievably delete all personal information of the CC member from the club database.
8. Personal data protection
- 9.1CineStar reserves the right to accept claims for erroneous point calculation or failed advancement of club status no later than 7 days after the purchase of the ticket or viewing of the film in question.
- 9.2 If a reward is not received, the CC member is required to file a claim at the multiplex box office immediately after ticket purchase. For online purchases, the CC member must submit the claim no later than the day of the showing, also at the multiplex box office.
- 9.3 Claims made regarding failure to offer the 20 CZK discount and possibly other discounts must be made immediately at the multiplex box office. Later claims will be disregarded. Online purchases must be documented with the printed ticket/SMS message.
10. Final provisions and contacts
- 10.1 CineStar reserves the right at any time to change or amend these Terms even without prior notification. All changes and amendments will be posted at www.cinestar.cz, within a minimum of 7 days before such changes take effect. If a member does not agree to the changes or amendments, he/she is entitled to cancel his/her membership in accordance with article 7 of these Terms.
- 10.2 By submitting an Application to the CC program, members agree to abide by the current Terms, including subsequently published (at www.cinestar.cz) and/or notified changes.
- 10.3 These Terms of CineStar Club become valid and effective as of February 1st, 2016.