Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get points for money I spend at the bar?
No, you can use points at the bar, but not earn them.
Are points only good for a limited time?
Yes, each point you earn is only good for 1 year from the time you earn it. After that time is up, the point is automatically deducted from your account.
Is there a fee for club membership?
Yes, one year membership cost 80 CZK.
Are discounts valid for all ticket categories?
Yes, except discounted family tickets and tickets for special alternative programs or events not associated with the loyalty program (e.g. MET performances, etc.) The program always lists whether Cinestar Club member benefits can be used for a particular event. Otherwise, Cinestar Club membership gives you discounts and lets you earn points on all types of tickets (2D, 3D, Gold Class, Student, Children’s, tickets for Cheap Monday, etc.)A discount of 20 CZK on every ticket (applies to 4 tickets per showing and does not apply to a family ticket). In addition to the instant discount, members earn points for the individual purchases of tickets. The number of points earned is equal to 10% of the amount spent on tickets at multiplex box offices and 15% of the amount spent buying tickets online or in mobile application. Your current points balance can be viewed at www.cinestar.cz, under CineStar Club, customer account. Members can exchange points for free tickets or select refreshments.
Is it possible to get club benefits without the club card, can’t you just give your name at the box office?
No, box office personnel cannot give you a discount and add points to your account unless you have your club card in hand or scanned in your mobile phone using applications such as CineStar. In either case, you may be asked to submit any valid form of photo ID (such as driver’s license, tram pass, credit card with photo, ISIC student card, etc.). Without demonstrating ownership of the card, personnel cannot award you a discount and add points. The same applies when buying refreshments with your points.
Is the card transferrable?
The CineStar Club card is non-transferrable. Benefits can only be used by the card owner.
Is it possible to purchase discounted tickets through CineStar Club online for points, for example student or children’s tickets?
Yes, don’t forget to log in before making online purchases, otherwise the system will not let you use your points. After logging in as a current club member, the system will offer you the option of purchasing tickets with points. You select the type of ticket – children’s, student, etc. The system will then deduct the corresponding amount of points from your account. Be aware that when buying discounted tickets online (children’s/student/ZTP (handicapped) etc.) you will be asked when checking out to provide proof of eligibility for the particular discount (just like at the box office). If you are not entitled to the discount, you will be asked to pay the remainder at the box office.
What will I receive as a birthday gift?
On your birthday (provided in your club registration) you will receive a voucher for a small popcorn FREE. This unique voucher will be sent to your e-mail automatically and is good until the date listed. Note: To receive your gift voucher you must be signed up for our regular newsletter. Otherwise, the voucher cannot be delivered to you.
What should I do if my card is lost or damaged, or I want the new club card graphics?
It is possible to issue you a new card at a multiplex box office with all of your points and history for a fee of 40 CZK. This can only be done for current memberships.
The CineStar Club loyalty programme and all its parts are subject to the following terms and conditions:
The CineStar Club is a loyalty programme (hereinafter the “CC”) operated by CineStar s.r.o., with the registered office at Radlická 3185/1c, Smíchov, 150 00, Prague 5, ID No.: 26435675, entered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, File. No. C 81978 (hereinafter “CineStar”), the purpose of which is to further improve the quality of services provided by CineStar and to provide special benefits to the customers who visit the CineStar multiplexes. The customers who complete the CC Programme Application Form (hereinafter the “Application”) become members of the CC. The CC membership is governed by these General Terms and Conditions of the CC Programme (hereinafter the “Terms”) of CineStar.
2. CC membership
- 2.1 The CC membership is subject to a fee of CZK 100 for a period of 12 months as of the date of payment. The CC membership is established by duly completing and submitting the Application as of the date indicated in the Application and is subject to the payment of a membership fee (applies to both paper and electronic applications). By signing the Application, the customer confirms that he/she was informed of the Terms and agrees to them. A duly completed and submitted electronic Application available at www.cinestar.cz under the CineStar Club tab is also considered a valid Application.
The CC membership fee cannot be paid using the Benefity, Benefit Plus, Cafeteria, mojeBenefity.cz, Benefity Café, Gallery Beta payment gateways or using the Benefit Plus card at the multiplex box office.
If we receive multiple Applications from one person, only one Application may be accepted. If the information provided in the CC application is incorrect or if some required information is not provided, CineStar reserves the right not to take steps to complete the registration process, and the Application becomes invalid.
Once the membership is established, the customers will receive the access details for the online section of the CC to the email address provided in the Application. In the case the Application is submitted at the local multiplex box office, CineStar reserves a period of 48 hours to supplement any information necessary to establish the CC membership and send the access details. In the case of membership renewal, the CC member uses the same access details that he/she received during the initial registration; the same applies when the membership is discontinued.
- 2.2 Any individual over 16 years of age with a correspondence address in the Czech Republic may become a CC member.
Membership is not available to legal entities, associations of natural persons or legal entities, partnerships or other similar entities.
- 2.3 After the membership is established, the CC member will be issued a club card (hereinafter the “CC Card”) at the box office of the local CineStar multiplex. The CC Card is non-transferable, and only the CC member may use its benefits. For this purpose, the staff of CineStar multiplexes is entitled to request an ID card with a photo from the CC Card owner at any time.
Without the CC Card (along with an ID card), the listed benefits cannot be provided (the CC Card is acceptable in a scanned form, for example, in the Cardless mobile phone app).
The benefits of the CC membership, namely earning points for the purchase of tickets, discounts or recording of transactions, cannot be combined with promotions unrelated to the CC promotions (family admission, purchase of gift vouchers, other special price and time-limited offers, or when paying for tickets online using the Benefity, Benefit Plus, Cafeteria mojeBenefity.cz, Benefity Café, Gallery Beta payment gateways or when using the Benefit Plus card at the multiplex box office). Points and rewards cannot be earned when paying for tickets with gift vouchers and in the case of tickets redeemed with loyalty points.
All benefits arising from the CC membership can be added exclusively to the CC Card owner’s account through which the tickets were purchased or reserved with the subsequent payment at the CineStar multiplex box office. The listed benefits of the CC membership earned based on a single online reservation at www.cinestar.cz cannot be combined for multiple CC Card owners with respect to the same purchase/transaction.
3. Obtaining discounts
- 3.1 A member of the CC receives an automatic discount of CZK 20 per ticket to 2D and 3D screenings or Gold Class screenings at the CineStar Anděl multiplex. This discount is valid any day of the week.
The discount is provided for a maximum of 3 screenings per day and a maximum of 4 tickets per screening; therefore, a CC member can receive a discount of CZK 20 for a maximum of 12 tickets per day divided among 3 screenings.
Unless stated otherwise, the discount does not apply to family admission or other price and time-limited promotions.
Discounts do not apply to the purchase of refreshments with the exception of a selected range of products if such products are specified.
When purchasing tickets online, a CC member must be logged in to his/her CC account before selecting specific seats; otherwise the discount will not apply.
4. Earning points
- 4.1 In addition to the discounts provided, points are the basic unit used with respect to the CC members’ accounts and reflect the loyalty of such members. Members earn points for individual ticket purchases. The number of earned points equals 10% of the amount spent on tickets at the multiplex box office and 15% of the amount spent on online ticket purchases. An overview of earned points is available at www.cinestar.cz, under the CineStar Club tab.
Points are earned only for the purchase of tickets, not for the purchase of ticket gift vouchers or other additional purchases at the multiplex box office.
Points are not earned for the purchase of ticket gift vouchers or additional purchases at the multiplex box office.
Points are also earned for the purchase of selected refreshments at the CineStar refreshment counters. The number of points earned equals 10% of the amount spent on the selected range of products.
Points for refreshments cannot be earned at the refreshment counter in the Gold Class complex of the CineStar Anděl multiplex.
A maximum of 550 points can be earned in one day.
Points for specific individual purchases can only be earned once and for a single account, always for the account of the CC member who makes the purchase.
CineStar reserves the right to deduct points from the CC member’s account at any time for purchases that the relevant customer does not complete and in the case of customers who are not entitled to the points or who are entitled to a different number of points than those added to the account.
- 4.2 The validity of each point earned is limited to one year as of the date such a point was earned. The points are automatically deducted from the account after expiry.
- 4.3 The validity of the CC Card is limited to 12 months as of the date of issue. The owner of the CC Card can extend or renew its validity for another 12 months after paying the membership fee of CZK 100.
5. Redeeming points for rewards
- 5.1 The points accumulated in the CC account can be exchanged for rewards; 1 point = 1 CZK. The number of points for which a ticket can be redeemed corresponds to the price of the ticket in accordance with the official price list. *Refreshments and any additional products for which you can earn points are listed at www.cinestar.cz, the CineStar Club tab, under “Basic information”. Points cannot be redeemed for rewards during special promotions such as the “Cheap Sunday”. During such promotions, the points are only earned for the purchase of tickets – see para. 4. Earning Points.
* e.g. a ticket to a 2D screening for a price of CZK 195 according to the price list can be redeemed for 195 points in the CC programme.
You cannot make a complaint with respect to a redeemed reward or exchange such reward for cash (the acquired tickets can only be exchanged for tickets to other screenings). CineStar reserves the right to change the number of points required to earn individual rewards at any time.
- 5.2 Only the owners of the club card/account may receive rewards in the CC programme. The owner of the account may give the rewards redeemed in person to a third party with the exception of electronic tickets.
- 5.3 The tickets and bonus vouchers indicate their relevant validity. After the expiry, such tickets become invalid. CineStar reserves the right to limit the validity of free tickets or bonus vouchers to selected screenings.
- 5.4 Provision of rewards and benefits by any future contractual partners of the CC shall be governed solely by the terms and conditions of the relevant contractual partner.
- 5.5 Each member of the CineStar Club will receive a gift voucher for free popcorn on their birthday to the email address provided in the Application. Its validity is 2 months as indicated on such voucher. The condition for receiving the voucher is an active club membership (paid membership) and subscription to a regular newsletter. Otherwise, the voucher cannot be delivered.
6. Loss, Theft or Damage to the CC Card
- 6.1 The CC member must report the loss or theft of or damage to the CC Card that prevents its use immediately to the box office of the local CineStar multiplex. Upon request of the owner of the account, the multiplex staff will block the CC Card. The owner of the account can also block the CC Card online after logging in to www.cinestar.cz in the logged-in user menu.
- 6.2 Blocking the CC Card will also block the CC member’s account until a new CC Card is picked up.
- 6.3 The newly issued CC Card will be ready for pick-up at the local CineStar multiplex, and it will be issued based on a provided ID card and the email address from the previous registration. The issue of a new CC Card is subject to a fee of CZK 40.
- 6.4 CineStar is not liable for the misuse of the CC Card prior to reporting its loss or for any benefits redeemed by third parties.
- 6.5 The old CC Card expires upon the issue of a new CC Card. The earned points will be automatically transferred to the new CC Card account.
7. Termination and Breach of Membership Terms
- 7.1 A CC member may cancel his/her membership at any time at the box office of the local CineStar multiplex upon a written request or written withdrawal of the consent to the processing of personal data. Cancellation of the CC membership will automatically block the issued CC Card. If a blocked CC Card is presented to the CineStar staff, such card will be confiscated.
- 7.2 The purchased CC Card cannot be exchanged for cash at the customer’s request.
- 7.3 CineStar reserves the right to terminate the membership in the CC programme in the following cases: a) if a CC member intentionally indicates false information in the Application; b) if a CC member breaches these Terms or the established programme rules; c) if a CC member does not consent to the Terms or any amendments or supplements thereto; d) if a CC member misuses the logo, name or other identifying details of CineStar or otherwise adversely affects the rights and legitimate interests of CineStar; e) upon a CC member’s death; f) upon the termination of the CC programme.
- 7.4 The termination of the CC membership for the reasons set out in the preceding provision under a), b), c), d), e) and f) shall also terminate the entitlement to use (even partially) the already acquired benefits arising from the CC membership.
- 7.5 Any breach of the Terms of the CC programme may result in the loss of rights to the accumulated points or denial or withdrawal of rewards, including the bonus vouchers already issued.
- 7.6 A person breaching the CC Terms is liable for damages incurred by CineStar as a result of such a breach.
8. Processing of Personal Data
- 9.1 CineStar reserves the right to accept a complaint concerning incorrectly awarded points or failure to advance to the next step of the loyalty programme no later than 7 days as of the purchase of the relevant ticket, or more precisely as of the admission to the screening.
- 9.2 In the case the member does not receive the reward, he/she must make a complaint at the multiplex box office immediately after purchasing the ticket. In the case of an online purchase, the CC member must make a complaint at the multiplex box office no later than on the day of the screening.
- 9.3 Complaints concerning the failure to provide the discount of CZK 20 or other discounts must be made immediately at the multiplex box office. Later complaints will not be accepted. In the case of tickets purchased online, it is necessary to present a printed ticket/text message.
10. Final provisions and contacts
- 10.1 CineStar reserves the right to amend or supplement these General Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any amendments or supplements will be made available at www.cinestar.cz at least 7 days prior to the date the changes set forth therein take effect. If a member does not agree with the amendments or supplements, he/she is entitled to cancel the membership in accordance with Article 7 of these General Terms and Conditions.
- 10.2 By submitting the Application for the CC programme, the member undertakes to comply with the applicable Terms, including any subsequently published (at www.cinestar.cz) and/or announced amendments.
- 10.3 These General Terms and Conditions of the CineStar Club become valid and take effect on 1 May 2022..